Simple? It's harder than you think.
|Map creator(s)||Joseph Collins|
|Based on||Doom II MAP07|
Download: Get it here.
A Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch remake of the classic Doom II fan favorite, MAP07 - Dead Simple. For those unfamiliar with the original map, it was a boxed arena within an Earth city where in single player mode, the player would fight some nasty demons for the first time ever, or in Deathmatch mode, up to four players would run around and shoot each other with powerful weapons. It had four platforms in the inner arena that could be lowered with switches, Invisibility Spheres in each corner of the inner arena, and various ammunition objects laying around the inner and outer square.
This version has been remodeled to look more like a typical Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch map, taking its appearence mostly from Skull Castle Interior and its music from "Skull Castle 5/6" of Mega Man 3. The small steps were eliminated, the switches and lowering platforms have been removed and pre-lowered, and the start point, inner walls, and secret exit area have been exposed. Weapon-specific ammo were changed to the appropriate items as was the health items, and of course, the weapons were changed to fitting Mega Man weapons. The inner-corner power-ups were also changed, but hold no particular resemblence to the original power-ups.
- Most of the weapons found in this map are meant as analogues to the weapons found in the Doom II version:
- Berserk Pack -> Charge Kick
- Super Shotgun -> Gemini Laser
- Chaingun -> Yamato Spear/Needle Cannon
- Rocket Launcher -> Crash Bomb/Drill Bomb
- Plasma Rifle -> Spark Shock
- The BFG9000 was changed to a W-Tank due to potential balance issues.
- Top Spin is the only non-analogue weapon, as there was an exit switch where the Top Spin lies in Doom II rather than an item.
- As per the tradition of maps having Yashichis, this fan-created map also has one. It's located near the hut that houses an E-Tank and W-Tank.